Marine Survey • Boat Survey • Marine Surveyor • Boat Surveyor
Phone - Text: 757-333-1830 • FAX: 800-889-3231
1416 E. Ocean View Ave, Norfolk, VA. 23503
Norfolk – Hampton – Newport News – Portsmouth – Chesapeake – Virginia Beach - Southern Chesapeake Bay – Hampton Roads – Tidewater
Eaves Marine Solutions: Marine Survey • Boat Survey • Marine Surveyor • Boat Surveyor
Pete Eaves has been self-employed in the marine industry since 1980. Eaves Marine Solutions Inc. is owned and operated by Pete Eaves.
Pete Eaves has been providing marine surveys for sail and power vessels of most makes and sizes since 2002 and has been in the marine service business for over 35 years.
My background is structural – cosmetic and mechanical repairs on fiberglass, aluminum and steel vessels, sail and power . I have written 1000’s of estimates and invoices for boat repairs over the past 30+ years.
I am able to detect structural, cosmetic, and mechanical flaws and determine how to make repairs. I can also estimate the reasonable cost for whatever repairs or services that may be required.
SAMS, Accredited Marine Surveyor #1130
US Coast Guard Licensed Master – Near Coastal and Inland Merchant Mariner #3424094
- An Eaves Marine Survey is a detailed inspection of a vessel for the purpose of determining its current condition, seaworthiness and value. In particular, to determine if the vessel is safe to use in conditions for which it was designed.
An Eaves Marine Survey is conducted by an unbiased surveyor who works solely for the buyer and completes the inspection based upon facts found throughout the vessel, in accordance with ABYC, USCG and NFPA guidelines.
An Eaves Marine Survey should be completed before the purchase. Purchase agreements should be contingent on a satisfactory marine survey.
An Eaves Marine Survey will include a detailed report with pictures. The report will be e-mailed in PDF format, normally within 48 hours of the completed inspection.
Why is an Eaves Marine Survey necessary?
Most buyers are not experienced enough, or mechanically inclined to a point where they can make an adequate evaluation on their own. Even those who are qualified benefit immensely from a second professional, unbiased and unemotional opinion.
- To determine if the vessel is safe to use in conditions for which it was designed.
- To determine the vessels condition and value.
- To determine what maintenance, repairs and equipment should be included in the purchase price.
- To determine what repairs and maintenance will be required after the purchase. At what cost?
- To help determine the true cost of owning the vessel.
- To help the client decide whether to go through with the purchase and at what price.
- To help decide if the vessel fits your needs
- Most vessels are subject to inherent structural, cosmetic and mechanical defects and flaws. I can determine the best repair procedures and reasonable cost for services.
- Marine surveys are needed to appraise the vessel for insurance underwriting and for bank financing.
- Marine Surveys are needed to document condition at time of purchase for insurance and financing.